May 29th 2020 Free VA Day
April 17, 2020
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. B&B Consulting, LLC D.B.A B&B Medical Marijuana Evaluation Center is proud to announce our second Free Va Day of the 2020 year! It has been set for Friday, May 29th 2020 from 10AM to 2PM. On this day, appointments are FREE for New Veterans coming in and Veterans looking to Renew their Medical Marijuana License in the State of Rhode Island. At this time, we are not allowing patients into the office due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but this will not stop us from helping out our veterans. Patients are scheduled by appointment and will be done via Telemedicine.
How to get prepared for your appointment
- Find out if your condition is a qualifying condition in the State of Rhode Island. Check out this link -> RI Qualifying Conditions
- Make sure you have proof of Rhode Island Residency. This can be proven with Rhode Island Driver’s License, State ID, Vehicle Registration/Insurance, Voter’s Registration and/or any mail received from RI state correspondence with your current address.
- Recent Medical Records, there are a few ways to get these.
- Full out and sign a medical release form to obtain medical records from your doctor(s) office by signing a release form electronically (Medical Release Form). After the form is completed, patients have the option of either emailing, faxing or even post mailing the Medical Release Form.
- Reach out to your doctor and see if they would be willing to send records (Many offices will require a medical release form to open communication).
- Once records are received, reviewed and approved, our office will be in touch with the patient to schedule a time for their appointment (Initial or Renewal).
- If for any reason our doctor is looking for additional records, our staff will be in touch to let the patient know what medical documentation they would need in addition to what our doctor already received.
What happens at the appointment:
- Re-Review of recent medical records and a verbal exam conducted by a licensed physician who is in good standing as required by the Rhode Island Department of Health.
- Approval Signature provided by our physician
- 6-month follow-up appointment is tentatively scheduled. The follow-up appointments are mandatory per The Department of Health [R21-28.6-MMP], Section 2.5(e). Therefore, if follow-up appointments are not kept, then we cannot renew your license when it expires.
- This appointment fee is $50 and can be moved around to accommodate the veterans schedule
- Educational information regarding Medical Marijuana Laws, Regulation, Benefits etc… will be mailed after the appointment is completed and once received it would be a perfect time to call and ask specific questions regarding the program or medical marijuana.
- It is ultimately the patient’s responsibility to mail the application to the Department of Health for processing.
- To process the approval, the state requires a check or money order for $50 or $25 (If patient is a recipient and has proof included of SSI, SSDI, Veteran’s Disability or Medicaid).
After mailing this approved application to the state with everything required included, patient will receive an acceptance letter from The Department of Health stating their application was received, the application has been processed and to email them photo of yourself (No "Selfies") and a copy of your Rhode Island Driver's License or Rhode Island State ID . After that the patient will receive their card by mail.
Veterans are encouraged to call the office if they have questions, concerns or if they are interested to start the process of obtaining or renewing their medical marijuana license!